All Pitzer students are required to complete free weekly COVID-19 routine testing, including once per week for vaccinated students and twice per week for unvaccinated students. This is an asymptomatic screening done via a self-collected saliva-based PCR test at?Student Health Services?(SHS). Students will complete this weekly testing throughout the semester until further notice of change in medical guidance.
Students who do not comply with weekly testing requirements will be reported to the Dean of Students Office for disciplinary action, including immediate interim loss of campus, social, and athletic privileges.
SHS COVID Testing Site Access Locations:
- Student Health Services (SHS):
- Students will be able to access testing services at SHS without an appointment
- Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (closed 12-1 p.m. for lunch)
- SHS also has satellite testing locations at HMC and Pomona now, info below
- Harvey Mudd College (HMC):
- The HMC testing site is located in the courtyard to the east of their dining hall, Hoch-Shanahan Dining (attached to the building)
- No appointment needed
- Mon-Fri, 7:30am – 12pm & 1pm – 4:30 p.m. (closed 12-1 p.m. for lunch)
- Pomona College:
- The Pomona site is located in Walker Hall Lounge
- Mon-Fri, 7:30am to 5:00pm, open during lunch
Sat/Sun from 10am to 2pm – WEEKEND TESTING CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Students will test on the specific day of the week outlined for their class:
- First Years: Monday
- Sophomores: Tuesday
- Juniors: Wednesday
- Seniors: Thursday
- Students who may have missed their assigned weekly testing day: Fridays
- Students with an approved exemption (unvaccinated): Tuesday and Friday
Retrieving COVID Test Results:
- Test results will be posted to the Student Health Services portal at https://shshealthportal.cuc.claremont.edu/. If you consented, you will receive a text message notifying you when your results are available in the portal.
- To see your test results, you will need to login to the portal using your usual single sign-on credentials as well as your date of birth (DOB).
- When you sign on to the SHS Portal, you’ll need to go to click on “Medical Records” and then “Lab Results” to view your recent COVID test results.
- If your results say “Rejected” you DO need to go back to SHS to be re-tested as soon as possible, at least on the next weekday.
- For more information please visit https://services.claremont.edu/covid/screening-program/
Recent COVID-19 Diagnosis?
If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days you will not be able to test at SHS. Instead, we ask that you send proof of your COVID-19 diagnosis (dated within the last three months) to email@example.com. This will let us know that you are exempt from the routine PCR COVID-19 testing. We will continue to be in contact with you about when you’ll need to begin routine testing weekly.