The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) invites all students to bring their ideas and enthusiasm to connect with others through our collaborative co-curriculum programs.
Our co-curriculum includes all the fun and Pitzer traditions of a typical semester at Pitzer, but it also emphasizes the important learning that happens outside of formal classroom settings. Our co-curricular experiences have been structured to support all students with specific offerings for our First-Year, Sophomore, Junior and Senior students. These “class-based” initiatives have been created in progressive and sequenced ways to ensure opportunities for a robust Pitzer experience.
Residence Life and Campus Life staff in OSA are leading this collaborative effort, but all areas of Pitzer OSA staff are collectively contributing to ensure a seamless student experience. These include Dean of Students, Academic Support Services, Career Services, the Center for Asian Pacific American Students (CAPAS), Residence Life and Campus Life: www.oilandwaterartshow.com/student-life/services-resources/
Student Affairs will also ensure Pitzer students stay connected to The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) resources and services, intercollegiate athletics and other cross-college programs.
- Wellness, social connections, FUN!, academic support online, civic engagement, mentorship, career pathways, traditions, leadership
Highlighted initiatives and programs:
- Student Resource Fair: Featuring Pitzer and Claremont Colleges resource centers (Dean of Students)
- Student Club Fair: A virtual way for students to get involved in clubs and organizations at Pitzer and across The Claremont Colleges (Campus Life)
- Pitzer Trivia: Test your knowledge about Pitzer history, activism and quirky weirdness! (Residence Life)
- Video and photo contests: Pet of the week, TikTok competition, virtual scavenger hunt, etc. (Residence Life)
- “Prop Party”: Exploring California’s November election’s ballot propositions (Residence Life)
- Current Events Discussions with Faculty in Residence (Faculty-in-Residence and Residence Life)
- Speed Friending: A great way to make fast friends fast! (Residence Life)
- Cooking Demonstrations: Zenia, International student showcase, dining hall staff, etc. (Residence Life)
- Virtual fitness programming with yoga, Pilates, Zumba, HIIT/circuit training, boot camp (Pomona-Pitzer Rec Sports)
- Time Management: How to balance online and home life (Academic Support Services)
- Strive2Thrive: Wellness Wednesdays and Mindful Mondays (Academic Support Services)
- New alumni-facilitated career development series to support students in everything from gaining clarity about career direction to being confident in identifying and securing opportunities (Career Services)
- The newly-redesigned weekly Industry Series that takes advantage of the remote environment to engage alumni, employers, trustees, and Pitzer family members from around the country and world to discuss their professional career and pathways to the world of work.
Class-Based Support and Initiatives
To learn more about our co-curriculum efforts to support each class year, please click one of the buttons below:
Student Involvement in the Co-curriculum
Engage with us online! Social Media Directory | About Pitzer College
Student Senate https://pzsenate.org/
5C Mentorship Opportunities
In addition to the resources at Pitzer College available to support your academic success and holistic growth, please take the time to explore these peer mentor programs that are shared across The Claremont Colleges (open to all Claremont Colleges students):
The following paid student positions will help facilitate and execute the co-curricular programs:
- New Student Guides – This position will support a group of new students on their transition to Pitzer academic and community life, including ongoing check-ins, group meetings, events and supporting the academic experience as a Pitzer student leader.
- Residence Life Student Positions – The RA positions will be transitioned into student programming positions to support the co-curriculum.